22 January 2010

I want to get married.

I want to get married. There I said it. Two years ago that was the last thing anyone would have heard me say, but it's there, deep inside of me, that aching desire to be married, to spend my life with someone, to help my husband with whatever he is doing, to be a help mate. A friend and I were discussing last night that while many college aged girls want deep down to get married, we never say that out loud. We are too afraid of being ridiculed. We think it will be seen as weak or as a waste of our life or as a disappointment or as weird. Our culture has affected us so much that we no longer even are willing to tell people what we really want.

So I'm changing that...today...

I want to get married. I want to be a mom. I want to take care of my husband and children. I want to pour into their lives with all the skills and talents and gifts that I have been acquiring my whole life.



What do you want?

No comments:

Post a Comment